Thursday, December 30, 2010

seven in eleven

We all knew this post was coming. The one where I outline my goals for the coming year. Yes, goals. I won't be calling them resolutions because, to me, the word resolution makes it feel like we're meeting in the middle of a battle field, shaking hands on a compromise. And a new year is not about compromise.

Forgive my cheesiness, but my new year is going to be about making changes and taking chances. A very cool thing.

Truth. Last year, I didn't make any goals. I feel like I sort of missed out. Sure, most new year's goals are abandoned, but I didn't even try. This year, I'm taking a chance and having a go at it.

Jamie posted about her goals for this year along with a fun new project, 7 in 11. Seven larger goals sounded just right to focus on for the year.


So here they are, my goals for 2011.

1. Shoot in manual mode on my camera with confidence.
2. Weekly art journaling.
3. Healthier living. More exercise & less processed food.
4. New job + new living space.
5. Finish decorating my bedroom. It's about time. 
6. Open an Etsy shop
7. Declutter. So I don't end up on an episode of Hoarders.

Looking back at this list, numbers four and five make me laugh. Hopefully, I complete those in reverse order i. e. decorate the bedroom before I find a new living space. You can expect more to follow on the blog about each of the individual goals. I'm so excited to get started!


What are your goals for the coming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time out to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...